Briess Caramel Crystal 40L malted grain can be used for balance and color contribution in Pilsners, Bitter Ales, Pale Ales and Belgian Ale. When used in larger amounts, Caramel Crystal 40L lends sweet, caramel, and toffee flavors which can be complimentary in Oktoberfests, Doppelbocks, Brown Ales, Scotch Ales, Stouts, and Porters. Sold per pound.
Flavor: Sweet, caramel, toffee
Color: Contributes golden hues
• 3-7% For balance in Pilsners
• 5-10% California Common Beer, Doppelbocks and Dark Lagers
• 5-15% Vienna, Marzen and Oktoberfest
• 10-15% Bitter Ales, Pale Ales, Mild Ales, Strong Ales and Belgian Ales
• 5-15% Certain styles of Brown Ales, Scotch Ales, Stouts and Porters
Crushed Grains: Grains are crushed at a .035" gap by default. If you require a different gap, please let us know in your order comments.