Briess Caramel Crystal 20L malted grain has a candylike sweetness which can be used for balance in lighter styles such as Pilsners. In larger doses, Caramel Crystal 20L malt can be used to add mild caramel flavors to California Common beer, Oktoberfests, Pale Ales, Stouts, and Belgian Ales. Sold per pound.
Flavor: Candylike sweetness, mild caramel
Color: Contributes golden hues
• 3-7% For balance in Pilsners
• 5-10% California Common Beer, Doppelbocks and Dark Lagers
• 5-15% Vienna, Marzen and Oktoberfest
• 10-15% Bitter Ales, Pale Ales, Mild Ales, Strong Ales and Belgian Ales
• 5-15% Certain styles of Brown Ales, Scotch Ales, Stouts and Porters
Crushed Grains: Grains are crushed at a .035" gap by default. If you require a different gap, please let us know in your order comments.